29 May Hot Beverages: Tea Recipes
You may have already read our coffee recipe blog – this time we’re coming at you with a little something for all our tea-loving friends! Three awesome tea recipes that all include exciting and unusual twists to revive your love for a good rooibos, mint and chai tea! All recipes are courtesy of BBC Good Food, visit their website for a host of wholesome recipes. If you’re making tea for you and a friend, these recipes are perfect, they’re all easy to make, serve 1-2 people and take less than 10 minutes to prepare.
Classic Chai Tea
- 2 cups of milk (or alternative of your choice)
- 2 english breakfast tea bags
- 2-4 tsp brown sugar
- 6 cracked cardamom pods
- 2 cloves
- ½ cinnamon stick
- a sprinkle of fresh nutmeg
- On a low heat, slowly heat your milk in a pan or pot on the stove.
- Empty the contents of the tea bags into the pan and add your cardamom pods, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves.
- Sweeten to taste with brown sugar.
- Keep the tea on low on the stove, leave to infuse for 10 minutes (do not boil).
- Strain, serve and enjoy.
Rooibos & Pear Tea
- 1 Ripe pear, sliced
- ½ cinnamon stick
- 2 tsp rooibos leaf tea (or 1 rooibos tea bag)
- Bring 600ml water to a simmer on the stove, add pear slices and cinnamon.
- Allow to simmer for 5-6 minutes until pear slices are cooked/soft.
- Remove the pan from heat, add the rooibos tea and allow to steep for 2-3 mins.
- Strain and garnish with pear slices (optional).
Fresh Mint Tea
- Handful of fresh mint leaves
- Honey to taste
- Take small handfuls of mint, gently squeeze them and add them to your teapot until all the mint leaves are done.
- Fill your teapot with boiling water and let sit for 2-3 minutes (until the water turns pale yellow/green).
- Strain, serve and garnish with fresh mint leaves (optional).
- Sweeten to taste with honey.